Safety and Security Tips
MYHABIT is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Accordingly, we have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that our transaction process is extremely safe and that our customers' information is secure.
The overwhelming majority of online transactions are completed without incident; however, MYHABIT has developed the following guidelines to help ensure that your online shopping experience is safe and secure.
Protect your passwords.
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters -- a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password. To change your password, visit the appropriate section in My Account.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Be wary of unsolicited e-mail and telephone contacts.
- MYHABIT will never e-mail or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their password, credit card, or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted when completing an order on MYHABIT, contacting MYHABIT directly, or when making updates to My Account. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead go directly to www.myhabit.com and then to your account.